Monday, October 12, 2009

BIM 2009

The run was beautiful and the BIM slogan was apt - "The Beautiful Run". 

Despite not training for 3 weeks, I finished the run ranked #31 overall and #25 in the Men's 10km category, and clocked 00:53:27.

Ice-sponge was a first for me: I squeezed the freezing water onto my head and felt lighter afterwards.

The Kenyan runners ran in great form. I never did caught up with any of them. The times they clocked were world-class times and inspired me to train for a 40+ minutes 10km.



The run is over, the restless part of me wonders when and where my next run is going to happen... The Angkor Wat Half Marathon seems interesting and I have 2 months to prepare for it. 

But for now, I feel so very tired and so very in need of a good rest. Perhaps I shall return again next year for the 3rd BIM run.

No comments:

Post a Comment