Friday, May 7, 2010

Barefoot running - what you need to know.

Barefoot running gives pause to most people who are comfortable running in shoes all their lives, because it goes against the principle idea that "good shoes prevent injuries".

Here are some articles that might help bring some light into the matter:
  1. Mechanics of barefoot running
  2. A recent study on barefoot running
  3. A comparative study on shod vs. barefoot running
  4. Against barefoot running 
I am still ambivalent about barefoot running, but I am putting in moderate training in barefoot running to judge for myself if it works out for me. Currently, my experience seems to indicate that barefoot running stresses the lower calve muscles and wears out the skin of the front foot ground strike points.

No comments:

Post a Comment