Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Borneo International Marathon 2009

I created this blog to record my experiences in the 50 days count down to the Borneo International Marathon 2009 on 11 October. I have registered myself for the men's 10km category. This blog wasn't designed for general readability, but as a record of what I have done to compete in the 10km run.

My objectives in the BIM09 run is simple: finish the run in 45 mins.

Being a newbie in distance running, but somewhat knowledgeable about sports training, I thought I could figure out a fun way to practise for this run, not put myself through too much torture, and yet achieve above average results.

--

With 7 weeks left to the run, I have made the following training objectives:

Week 1: 4km run at 60% intensity evenly spread.
Week 2: 8km run at 60% intensity evenly spread.
Week 3: 12km run at 60% intensity evenly spread.
Week 4: 10km run at 60% intensity, next 2km at 70% intensity.
Week 5: 8km run at 60% intensity, next 4km at 70% intensity.
Week 6: 8km run at 60% intenstiy, 2km all out.
Week 7: rest and recover.

--

The first training run starts at 6pm today!

No comments:

Post a Comment